Nice and Beautiful Interior Designing House

quality.control
porchwork
fabric.loves.food
bias.rainbow
my.favorite


Has it been two weeks? Wow. Feels like about one long day. Phew. N'kay.
Yesterday was my favorite day. I've been waiting for months. We had the first of two planned (prolly needs to be more like ten) sewing days to begin assembling the Rainbow Around the Block quilts for flood victims. That's Brittney up there working away while I imagine the rest of us were either digging through blocks, pressing, squaring, eating, eating, eating or planning the next top. Thank you Brittney for your talented hands! And for taking on the pink flamingo blocks.

You are not going to believe these stats----here we go...maybe you'll believe it. I didn't believe it, but you're probably smarter than me. Actually now that I've sorted through all of the blocks, tops and quilts and begun the sewing I most DEFinitely believe it. Uoops. I derailed, the stats:
we've received 1,746 blocks (enough for 41 full size quilts), 77 finished quilt tops and 22 completely finished quilts. I was stunned, amazed, floored, bewildered, happy, thankful and now very very busy!!!



My dear friend and often cohort in various crimes, Tracy Smith hosted us at her gorgeous, sunny, country home for our first sewing day. I think all the women that joined me there yesterday would agree that light doesn't just stream through the Smith home, but also emanates from it and we had a joyful time together. Thank you kind and funny Tracy.



It was such a lot of work to move all the materials, machines and supplies there, that once set up I wanted to stay for about a week. Seriously. I thought about starting to fold some of Tracy's laundry so that I could bribe her into it, but the I remembered my own laundry at home. And oh yea the family.



This is Mr. Toby with the quality control department. Sweet Kirsty tugged him along and he was a complete babbling happy bowl of baby. Kiss Kiss Toby! Thank you for sewing with me Kirsty, you are a dear.



These are the two Jennys at our porch cutting and "squaring up" table. I know that they will thank me for this back side shot. Thank you Jenny 1 and Jenny 2. You guys are the bestest.



Pierrette spent the whole time eating!!! Just kidding. I love you, Pierrette, thank you.



Every room downstairs looked sorta like this. A beautiful little curated geometry of color gathered from generous souls all over the world. Strewn across the floor, being thought over with conversation, laughs and pie. Thank you generous souls for letting us finish your good thoughts and your beautiful work.



And thank you Alexia, you are a sparkly little jewel and so wonderful to have near in all situations, most especially in sewing. Even if you do try to steal the best blocks. Just kidding. The above quilt was born on the design wall after I accused her of stealing my favorite block which is at the center there. She (sort of) happily conceded it to me after admitting it was the only one that wasn't working in her top composition. I like to be bossy, but then really, really thankful. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

If you want to join us next month for the next sewing day (I will feed you), visit therainbow page for more info, we can use your help! Or email rainbowATannamariahorner.com